Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Live with Passion and Ignore the Critics

The dojo kun is a set of five principles that guide the practice of karate. The first of the dojo kun's precepts is to "seek perfection of character." While this precept has many and deep meanings, one of the ways I've adopted to improve my character is to try to
  • live with passion and to inspire it in others.
When I come across items that particularly relate to this topic, I will blog about them here. One writer to whom I regularly turn is Seth Godin, somewhat of a marketing guru, but who believes in excellence. He has written a book called "The Dip" that is a NY Times bestseller on persevering through adversity and also knowing when to try something else. In his blog dedicated to the book, he has a entry that is remarkable for its ability to touch one's heart and inspire us to follow our passions.

No comments: